On May 25, 2023, RTC Executive Director Blaine Collison spoke at a webinar held by the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) discussing the recent report Industrial Electrification in U.S. States.
The webinar shared highlights from the report analyzing the electrification potential for 12 industrial subsectors across 20 states. Panelists talked about emerging technologies, grid impacts, co-benefits, and recommendations for policymakers and regulators to facilitate industrial electrification. They discussed the following questions:
- How can emissions-intensive industries leverage electrification to decarbonize?
- What impact will this have on grid reliability, energy costs, and emissions?
- And what can regulators do to reduce barriers for industrial customers who want to electrify?
Moderator: Hon. Tyler Huebner, Wisconsin
- Blaine Collison, Executive Director, Renewable Thermal Collaborative
- Sara Baldwin, Senior Director, Electrification, Energy Innovation
- Ed Rightor, Director, Center for Clean Energy Innovation, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
Fill out the form below to watch the webinar recording: