Industry produces 23% of U.S. emissions, half of which come from burning fossil fuels for heat. These long neglected and difficult to decarbonize emissions are getting new attention. At The Nest Campus at NYC Climate Week 2023, staff from the Renewable Thermal Collaborative (RTC) and Boston Consulting Group presented recent analysis showing that we have more opportunities and technological options to meet our 2030 climate goals than simply going after the most difficult to decarbonize sectors that use the highest temperatures. This interactive session profiled industrial heat emissions in the U.S. in key sectors, highlighted opportunities across industry, and dove deeper into the promise and challenges of several unsung technology opportunities. Attendees heard perspectives from key stakeholders, industrial energy users and solution providers.
- Marty Spitzer, Senior Director Climate and Energy, WWF (Moderator)
- DJ D’Agostino, Global Sustainability Manager, Colgate-Palmolive
- Nora Esram, Senior Director, Research, ACEEE
- Jack Mcaneny, VP, Global Sustainability, Procter & Gamble
- John O’Donnell, CEO, Rondo Energy